- Email Builder Review
- Designing your email
- Creating a Synchronized Module
- Setting Responsivity
- Building Smart Containers
- Creating a Gmail Promotions Annotation
- Adding a Rollover Effect
- Adding a Background to an Email
- Adding Anchor Links
- Adding a Video to an Email
- Adding a Table to an Email
- Adding a Custom Font
- Adding Social Media Buttons
- Editing HTML and CSS
- Working with “Images” block
- SDK for Mobile Apps
- Managing mobile SDK access keys
- Connecting Mobile App
- Creating a Google Project for Mobile Push Notifications
- Creating Mobile Push Messages
- Setting Up Delivery and Clicks Analytics
- Deep Links and Universal Links
- Scheduled Mobile Push Message
- Sending Test Messages from the Event Debug View
- Setting Up Widgets for Your Site
- Widget Calling
- Storing data from widgets to contact fields
- Using Annoyance Safeguard
- Actions After Form Submission
- Yespo Extension for Google Chrome
- Creating Pop-ups via Google Tag Manager or WordPress
- Sending Yespo Widget Events to Google Analytics
- Replacing Double Opt-In System Workflow
- Setting Up Locations for the Widget Calling Rules
- Email Campaign Report
- Web Push Campaign Report
- Viber Campaign Report
- Mobile Push Campaign Report
- App Inbox Campaign Report
- Widget Report
- Triggered Campaign Report
- AMP Campaign Report
- SMS Campaign Report
- Multilingual Campaign Report
- Setting up UTM Tags
- Revenue from Campaigns
- Tracking Campaign Performance in Google Analytics
Events and Behaviour Tracking
Mapping Events with Contacts by External IDs
The system automatically links events to user with the help of an event parameter that contains user identifier. If user ID is not specified in the event, the system searches the ContactId event parameter by default.
If you pass the identifier in the External ID field to the event, you do not need to configure the mapping additionally. But if this ID is passed in a field with a different name, it must be correlated with the External ID system field.
What is the External ID
Why Use External IDs
Utilizing External IDs prevents the duplication of contacts, consolidates all accessible data into unified profiles, and provides comprehensive insights into contacts’ interactions with your brand. All these benefits are crucial for the accuracy of the segmentation by events.
Check out 5 best segmentation practices showing you how to use event data to increase your business efficiency.
1. Go to your account Settings → Events.
2. Enable Use custom parameter for event assignment switcher. Set your parameter name and select the External ID contact field.
3. Click Save.