Events and Behaviour Tracking
- How to Create a Synchronized Module
- How to Create a Gmail Promotions Annotation for Emails
- All for adaptivity in email builder
- Editing HTML and CSS
- How to Add Anchor Links to an Email
- Product Blocks Generator
- Adaptive email builder review
- How to Add a Rollover Effect to an Email
- Adding a Video to an Email
- Working with “Images” block
- How to Add Social Media Buttons to an Email
- How to Add a Table to an Email
- How to Add a Background to an Email
- How to Add a Custom Font
- Designing your email
- Scheduled Mobile Push Message
- How to Create Deep Links and Universal Links
- Connecting Mobile Apps with Yespo
- Mobile Push Campaign Report
- How to Create a Mobile App Push Notification
- How to Create a Google Project for Mobile Push Notifications
- Setting Up Delivery and Clicks Analytics
- Managing mobile SDK access keys
- Service Worker. Troubleshooting
- How to Send Web Push Notifications from a Website
- How to Create a Web Push Notification
- How to Set Up Web Pushes for Safari
- How to Create a Google Project to Collect Tokens for Web Push Notifications
- Sending user a personalized Push notification depending on his activity on the website
- How to Set Up Subscription Form for Your Website
- How to Set Up a Pop Up for Your Website
- Integrating widgets with GA
- How to Set up Informers for Your Site
- Creating Pop-ups via Google Tag Manager or WordPress
- How to Set Up Floating Box Widget for Your Website
- Creating a Widget Launcher
- How to Set Up Age Gate Widget for Your Website
- How to Set Up Double Opt-In
- How to Set Up an Automated Birthday Campaign
- Launching a Workflow After a Contact Import
- How to Create a Welcome Email Series
- How to Set Up Notifications for Trigger Control
- How to add scenario to the button
- Workflow Troubleshooting
- How to Automate Customer Reactivation
- How to Launch a Regular Workflow for a Segment
How to Set Multilingual Browser Push Notification Permission
Set automatic language detection for the web notification confirmation prompt. The option is available for Widget requests.
To determine the user's language, the system checks:
- the lang attribute in the HTML code of the site;
- if it isn't set – the language in the link (eg, "/en");
- if the language parameter is not specified in the link, the system checks the language of the contact's browser;
- if the user's language is not defined, the system will display the default language that you specified in the widget settings;
- if the user's language doesn't match any of the specified widget languages, the default language will be used.
To enable multilingual messaging, send a request to our support team.
Set Up Instructions
1. Go to the Web Push tab → Permission settings in your account settings.
2. Select the prompt type Widget. Specify the default language in the multilingual settings. To do this, click on the globe icon and select the default language from the list.
The display of the subscription prompt is set only in the version with the default language. Then it's automatically applied to other language versions.
3. Once the prompt with the default language is customized, select the alternate languages you want. Сlick on the Add a language button and select the required language versions from the list.
Write the copy for subscription request, blocking and confirmation buttons in the appropriate language for each version. Save your changes.