- Responsive Email Editor Review
- Designing your email
- Creating Synchronized Modules
- Setting Responsivity
- Building Smart Containers
- Creating a Gmail Promotions Annotation
- Adding The Rollover Effect
- Adding Anchor Links
- Module Library
- Adding a Table to an Email
- Adding Custom Fonts
- Creating CTA Button
- Working with Images
- Using AI in the Email Editor
- Setting Up Widgets for Your Site
- Widget Calling
- Setting Up Locations for the Widget Calling Rules
- Storing data from widgets to contact fields
- Using Annoyance Safeguard
- Actions After Form Submission
- Replacing Double Opt-In System Workflow
- Using Yespo Extension for Google Chrome
- Creating Pop-ups via Google Tag Manager or WordPress
- Sending Yespo Widget Events to Google Analytics
- Using A/B Tests for Widgets
- Double Opt-In
- Welcome Сampaign
- Welcome Series Segmented by Category
- Launching a Workflow After a Contact Import
- Regular Workflow for a Segment
- Birthday Campaign
- Linking Workflow to the Button
- Using Variables from Order in Workflow
- Collecting Order Feedback
- Customer Reactivation
- Sending Extra Campaigns
- Email Campaign Report
- Web Push Campaign Report
- Viber Campaign Report
- Mobile Push Campaign Report
- App Inbox Campaign Report
- Widget Report
- Triggered Campaign Report
- AMP Campaign Report
- SMS Campaign Report
- Multilingual Campaign Report
- Setting up UTM Tags
- Revenue from Campaigns
- Tracking Campaign Performance in Google Analytics
Events and Behaviour Tracking
SMS is a high-precision customer communication channel. Additional targeting based on geography, interests, etc. allows for achieving maximum effect.
After finishing all the necessary settings, you can create an SMS campaign.
Creating New SMS
Go to Messages → Messages → SMS. Click the New SMS button.
Fill in the following fields:
Name. The system name that the recipient will not see.
Text. The main content of the SMS.
One part of SMS contains 160 symbols.
There are the symbol and the message part counters in the message editor to help you control the total length of the message and calculate the cost of the campaign.
3. Personalization. Use the dynamic variables to add a name, city, bonuses or any personal data available in the user profile. Click on the Personalization icon in the Text field to select data.
4. Sender. The alpha name or the sender name will be displayed to your subscribers while receiving messages. Sender name Marketing is set by default. We recommend using your own domain name, as the operator can change the public domain name.
Fill in the following field:
Subscription categories. Manage subscription categories to send messages to your contacts based on their preferences.
Multilingual version (optional)
In our platform, you can create a multilingual version of any message. Click the Globe icon in the top panel, specify the default language and add language versions. Fill each version with the content in the corresponding language. You can switch between versions within one template in one click
1. Test the messages by clicking the Test button on the top panel.
1. In a pop-up window, enter a phone number or select it from the Choose contact tab and click Send.
1. Click on the Create campaign button.
2. In a pop-up window, choose segments or contacts for the campaign and click on Go to campaign.
3. On the general checkout page:
- In the Segments section, click Recalculate contacts to see the total number of contacts that will receive the notification. You can also edit segments or select new ones.
- See all the necessary information for verification: Name, Subscription categories, Sender. You can see how the SMS will look on different platforms (Android, iOS).
- In the Send options, you can set the batching. Click the Start immediately button to launch the campaign. For a delayed start, select the Schedule button and set the date and time of sending.