Events and Behaviour Tracking
- How to Create a Synchronized Module
- How to Create a Gmail Promotions Annotation for Emails
- All for adaptivity in email builder
- Editing HTML and CSS
- How to Add Anchor Links to an Email
- Product Blocks Generator
- Adaptive email builder review
- How to Add a Rollover Effect to an Email
- Adding a Video to an Email
- Working with “Images” block
- How to Add Social Media Buttons to an Email
- How to Add a Table to an Email
- How to Add a Background to an Email
- How to Add a Custom Font
- Designing your email
- Scheduled Mobile Push Message
- How to Create Deep Links and Universal Links
- How to Create a Mobile App Push Notification
- Connecting Mobile Apps with Yespo
- Mobile Push Campaign Report
- How to Create a Google Project for Mobile Push Notifications
- Setting Up Delivery and Clicks Analytics
- Managing mobile SDK access keys
- Service Worker. Troubleshooting
- How to Send Web Push Notifications from a Website
- How to Create a Web Push Notification
- How to Set Up Web Pushes for Safari
- How to Create a Google Project to Collect Tokens for Web Push Notifications
- Sending user a personalized Push notification depending on his activity on the website
- How to Set Up Subscription Form for Your Website
- How to Set Up a Pop Up for Your Website
- Integrating widgets with GA
- How to Set up Informers for Your Site
- Creating Pop-ups via Google Tag Manager or WordPress
- How to Set Up Floating Box Widget for Your Website
- Creating a Widget Launcher
- How to Set Up Age Gate Widget for Your Website
- How to Set Up Double Opt-In
- How to Set Up an Automated Birthday Campaign
- Launching a Workflow After a Contact Import
- How to Create a Welcome Email Series
- How to Set Up Notifications for Trigger Control
- How to add scenario to the button
- Workflow Troubleshooting
- How to Automate Customer Reactivation
- How to Launch a Regular Workflow for a Segment
How to Create App Inbox Messages
App Inbox (or pull messages) are short messages that are displayed in the user's personal account on the site. You can see an example of such notifications in your account.
To send App Inbox messages to your customers through our CDP, you first need to get an authentication token and install a web tracking script on your site.
After completing all settings, you can proceed to create App Inbox campaigns.
How to Create App Inbox Notifications
1. Go to Messages → Messages → App Inbox. Click the button Create App Inbox.
2. Set the name, title, and text of the App Inbox message. Please note that the name will only be visible to you.
3. Personalize your messages with merge tags or use dynamic variables. They will be substituted by personal contact data at the moment of the message launch. You can add a segment name and any personal data available in the contact profile as a variable. Click on the Personalization icon in the Text field to select data.
4. Add the landing page URL. Activate the switcher if the link should be opened in a new tab.
5. Make your message unique with images. Add a logo for more brand awareness. Upload JPEG or PNG file. You can also use a variable or a link to the image.
6. Manage subscription categories to send messages to your contacts based on their preferences.
7. Add tags. With their help, you can quickly find the messages you need, analyze statistics, and set up your campaign frequency strategies.
8. Set the Time to Live (TTL). This is the time during which the message is stored in the inbox and can be delivered if the user is not currently available for delivery.
9. Test the messages by clicking the Test button on the top panel. To do this, enter the phone number associated with your account.
If done correctly, App Inbox will be displayed in your account.
When everything is ready, click on the Create campaign button.
In the Scheduling → Segments, you can edit segments by including/excluding contacts.
In the Send section, you can set the batching. Click the Start immediately button to launch the campaign. For a delayed start, select the Schedule button and set the desired date and time of sending.