Preparing Black Friday Newsletter: 100 Email Subject Line Ideas
As the holiday season approaches, shoppers nationwide are gearing up for the annual retail frenzy known as Black Friday. The prospect of incredible discounts, early bird deals, pleasant bonuses, and free shipping makes millions of people count down the days until the biggest sale of the year. For business owners, this means the potential for a significant boost in sales. That's why, in this article, we will tell you how to get ready for the Black Friday email campaign and share 100 ideas for creating attention-grabbing subject lines.
Start Collecting Subscriber Base
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great opportunities to collect a contact base using subscription forms on the website. What’s more, the customers attracted during Black Friday are likely to stay with your brand after the holidays, so you will be able to communicate with them and share special offers.
Most often, companies offer to leave an email and get a bonus in exchange, which can be a gift or discount. During Black Friday, you can collect new users' emails promising them to be the first to know about special and limited offers.
With Yespo CDP, you can easily create subscription forms implementing any design ideas for desktop and mobile versions. You can also set up flexible display conditions and analyze your widget performance.
During Black Friday, you can create a dedicated landing page and add interactive popups. Make sure to:
- explain your visitors why they have to subscribe to your newsletter;
- create special offers for new subscribers.
However, there is a risk of a high unsubscribe rate after the sale is over. To deal with this issue, you can create a dedicated segment for new subscribers and develop a special communication strategy for them.
It also makes sense to set up Double Opt-In — double confirmation of subscription after a person has left their contacts on the site or in the application. Otherwise, there is a risk of low email deliverability because of the large number of temporary emails.
Create an explosive email campaign for Black Friday!
Create a Unique Value Proposition
It is important to develop a valuable offer before the start of the Black Friday sales and plan the channels you will use to notify subscribers about the start, duration, and end of promotions.
Below are the main things to remember:
- act proactively and advertise your sale not only on the website but also on social media;
- change the description on subscription and sign-up forms to highlight holiday season offers;
- create a referral program to encourage your subscribers invite their friends and recommend your brand;
- use countdown timers and interactivity — some of the gamification marketing best practices;
- and most importantly, you won't surprise subscribers with a 7% discount or a price change on the site, so the benefit of your Black Friday offer must be real.
Start Your Sale Before Black Friday
The harsh truth is that it’s too late to create email newsletters on Black Friday morning. Some companies spend a whole month warming up their customers, being well-aware that their inboxes will be flooded with offers and the majority of them also plan their Black Friday purchases in advance. By getting ready beforehand, you will be able to avoid stress and deliver relevant, well-designed and valuable offers.
To do it right, consider creating a full-fledged Black Friday campaign, not a single email letter. For example, you can build a consistent omnichannel marketing workflow, which will include not only emails, but also web and mobile push, app-inbox notifications, SMS, and Viber messages.
Below are the campaign stages you are welcome to follow:
- Black Friday announcement.
- Thanksgiving day.
- Black Friday.
- Cyber Monday.
- Follow-up letters.
As a result, we have at least five reasons to get in touch with the customers, engage them with your offers, retain them and start building brand loyalty.
Reactivate Sleeping Customers
You don't have to reactivate them all, especially those who don’t read your letters for ages. Instead, focus on those who haven’t interacted with your brand for no longer than last year. For them, you will have to create a separate communication strategy during Black Friday since the main task is to sparkle their interest again. As an option, you can offer them a gift they can’t refuse.
Use Attention-Grabbing Subject Lines
In addition to keywords such as "Black Friday", "discount", "sale", find the wording that makes you stand out. For example, one of the companies has prepared the following Black Friday email subject lines:
- We apologize.
- We were wrong.
In their letters, they apologized for long queues in stores and offered to shop on the website. And it worked, because other companies were mailing about incredible discounts and super offers. Think creatively, and you will also find your perfect formula for a unique subject line and the highest open rate.
In addition to a catching subject line and relevant content inside, you can use AMP technology and create a mini game, quiz, or wheel of fortune. Litmus research showed that 91% of users are engaged by interactive letters.
100 Black Friday Email Subject Lines from Famous Brands
- Black Friday - Big Savings, No Waiting (Amazon)
- Stores Open Early & Close Late [More Time for Last Minute Gifting] (Old Navy)
- IT’S TIME FOR FREAKIN DEALS! 25% OFF + FREE SHIPPING! (Urban Decay)
- Can’t wait until Black Friday? Save now! (Casper)
- Happy Black Friday: 30% off EVERYTHING! (H&M)
- Oh, It’s ON. 30% OFF Sitewide, ALL Orders $50+ (Under Armour)
- 💥 EXTENDED: Black Friday deals (but not for long!) (Walmart)
- 👇Better Than Their Deals☝️ Up To 40% Off (Timberland)
- Shop Black Friday *early* (Victoria's Secret)
- 🌟 Black Friday OFFICIALLY starts NOW 🌟 (Gap)
- Worldwide Black Friday flight savings have landed! (Air Canada)
- OMG! These Black Friday deals are 🔥! (Maybelline New York)
- Black Friday deals too good to miss… (Decathlon)
- The Black Friday VIP List 👀 Use code BLACK30 for 10% off home (Groupon)
- Almost-Sold-Out Black Friday Items (Everlane)
- 📞 Hello, Black Friday is calling: 25% off sitewide! (Urban Decay)
- Black Friday’s over, but this promo’s still taking over (Fenty Beauty)
- Friday is just the beginning… (Apple)
- Black Friday Prices Guaranteed [Ends Wednesday] (Best Buy)
- Shop with Black Friday Savings Now! (Home Depot)
- Holiday Savings in Warehouse & Online! (Costco)
- Black Friday Deals Are On Now! (Nike)
- Positively Shocking Mystery Deals (Zappos)
- Make Us Your First Stop - Here Is When to Shop (Kohl’s)
- Black Friday Blowout! (Wayfair)
- Dream Big - Save Bigger! (Overstock)
- The Black Friday Event Starts Now (J.Crew)
- Black Friday Deal Drop! (QVC)
- 50% OFF Entire Purchase! 1000 Styles from $5! (Old Navy)
- Bed Bath & Black Friday - 25% OFF (Bed Bath & Beyond)
- Oh, what a surprise! (Sephora)
- Black Friday Every Day! Start Early and Save Big! (Lowe’s)
- Black Friday Price Protection Starts Now (Newegg)
- Black November Is Here! (Newegg)
- Black Friday - Save All Weekend! (Petsmart)
- Black Friday - 3 Ways to Save (Neiman Marcus)
- Black Friday Is On - 7 Days on Deals (Staples)
- We’ve taken an additional 25% OFF for must-have styles! (Saks Fifth Avenue)
- REI is closing on Black Friday (REI)
- Shop now. Relax later. (Ulta Beauty)
- Here is your 10$ gift card. Redeem it now and save later! (L.L.Bean)
- 10-Days Black Friday Sale Starts Now! (Dick’s Sporting Goods)
- Best Deals for Your Cats and Dogs This Friday! (Petco)
- Black Friday 50% OFF or More with a Promocode! (Men’s Warehouse)
- Goodbye, Black Friday…Ends at Midnight. (Forever 21)
- Pssst…We are doing something special this Black Friday! (Banana Republic)
- Black Fri-yay Just Got Better! 40% OFF Storewide! (ModCloth)
- Black Friday Event - Enjoy 25% OFF when you spend $125. (Ralph Lauren)
- Let’s Black Friday (!) In Stores & Online (DSW)
- Up to 50% OFF - Early Black Friday Sale! (Blue Nile)
- THE GIFTS THEY WANT. Black Friday Weekend Ends Soon. (Adidas)
- Black Friday iHerb Deal - 30% OFF iHerb Brands! (iHerb)
- Deals this bright won’t last long (Samsung)
- The Chico’s life starts now! 20% OFF your full-price purchase (Chico’s)
- A FREE BLACK FRIDAY GIFT FOR YOU! (Gym+Coffee)
- Something new is coming on Black Friday (Tinker Watches)
- Turning This Black Friday Green! (Much Better Adventure)
- NOT Another Black Friday Email! (OffCourt)
- 3-2-1! Our Biggest Sale Is On! (Fitbit)
- 2 Days Left on Black Friday Bargains (PLAE)
- Join for Less! Save $150 on your Tempo Studio! (Tempo)
- Black Friday is better with IKEA! (IKEA)
- The Clock’s Ticking - Going, Going, Gone! (Tone It Up)
- FREE SHIPPING SITEWIDE! No Minimum & Free Returns! (Clarks)
- This Black Friday, You deserve something special ❤️ (Happy Socks)
- Black Friday is coming…Join the waitlist today! (Rodial)
- This Is Major… Black Friday Early Access (Zales)
- Hello, Black Friday is calling! (Amsterdam Printing)
- This Never Happens! 70% Off Makeup Brushes! (IT Cosmetics)
- 45% Off Sitewide ✔️ Bag Yourself Up To 5 FREE Gifts ✔️ (Protein Words)
- For members only! Take 40% OFF Storewide! (Superdry)
- Last Day to Save - 60% OFF for Lenses (Frames Direct)
- It’s On: Black Friday Deals Are Now Live! (Moment)
- Last call for Black Friday deals! Book today and save up to $30. (Booking)
- Sit back and save. Black Friday starts now. (Google Store)
- Just 1 piece of this Black Friday toolkit can boost your sales 10%. (ActiveCampaign)
- Make the world dance with Black Friday 30% OFF all kits (Tarla)
- Deals this good won’t last forever! (Moment)
- Big savings comes to those who don’t wait. (Google Store)
- Our Black Friday sale is reserved for subscribers only! (Pioneer)
- 30% OFF Site-Wide Is Happening Right Now!
- Your Black Friday Deal Is Waiting - Up to $70 Discount! (Bellroy)
- Who’s a Good Sale? You Are a Good Sale! [30% OFF Black Friday Week] (Bonobos)
- Black Friday Sale! 20% OFF Mattresses! 30% OFF Everything Else! (Tuft & Needle)
- Get the Jump on Black Friday! (GoPro)
- Black Friday 2023 Is Now Activated! (Muso Toku)
- This Is The Best Black Friday Ever! (Onsen)
- Be First to Hear About Black Friday Deals! (Nuheara)
- Shop Black Friday Now - Tomorrow Is Too Late! (Withings)
- The Last Call for Black Friday Free Shipping! (Italic)
- Black Friday Madness Is Upon Us - Get 25% OFF! (Postable)
- Unwrap amazing offers this Friday! (Apple)
- Days of Deals for Black Friday! (Oculus)
- Only Few Hours Left to Save Big This Friday! (Bose)
- Black Friday Extended - Save Up to 70%! (National Geographic)
- It’s time for our only sale of the year. Black Friday starts now! (Herschel)
- FOR A WISER BLACK FRIDAY. 20% off - ends tomorrow. (The School of Life)
- Black Friday on a Monday? Yup. Deals Start Now! (Brooklinen)
- Black Friday Fortnight Continues. New Deals Added (B&Q)
- Spend your holiday gaming, not shopping for the best deals. (Maingear)
How Not to Write Black Friday Email Subject Lines
Get inspired by the ideas we have collected above, and also keep in mind some things to avoid when creating a subject line for Black Friday email:
- SHOUTING AT YOUR SUBSCRIBERS. It is enough to emphasize one or two words.
- Asking "Are you ready?", "Do you know what will happen soon?". Yes, we know and are diligently preparing.
- Using lots of emoticons. It is better to just add them to the topic — if they are not displayed, it will be clear what it is about.
- Using an unnoticeable subject like "% discount+product name".
And don’t kick your Black Friday email campaign in the long grass because Christmas holidays are coming soon!